||Phillips Law Partners, LLP has substantial expertise and significant experience in all areas of tax law. Our tax attorneys support all areas of practice of the firm so that tax planning is considered in connection with every transaction. Our expertise covers the following areas:
• Federal income taxation of entities (e.g. partnerships, limited liability companies, C corporations, S corporations) and individual tax planning
• Tax planning for transactions, mergers and acquisitions and disposition of real estate
• California and local income taxation
• Tax controversy matters including IRS and Franchise Tax Board audits, administrative appeals and litigation with the Internal Revenue Service and Franchise Tax Board
• California real property tax assessment appeals and tax planning for transfers of real property
• Closely held business succession planning working with our estate planning group.
Effective tax planning requires consideration of both estate and gift tax issues and how they integrate with income tax issues in achieving a desired result for our clients. All of our tax attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in estate planning and closely held business succession planning.
One of the unique strengths of Phillips Law Partners' Tax practice is the breadth of knowledge and experience of its partners in all phases of income taxation as well as estate and gift tax planning and transactions. By not being narrowly limited to a few areas of taxation, our attorneys can assist the client in integrating all of the areas of taxation in their planning.